Ottawa Monthly Meeting is a member of Canadian Yearly Meeting (CYM) which is made up of 26 monthly meetings across Canada. The service work of Canadian Yearly Meeting is done through Canadian Friends Service Committee (CFSC). Here are some useful links.
- Canadian Yearly Meeting is the association of Quaker meetings and worship groups in Canada formed in 1955 when Friends from three different Yearly Meetings in Canada united into one body. CYM has a one-week session of meetings each August, open to members and attenders of Quaker meetings across Canada. Ottawa Monthly Meeting is a member of Canadian Yearly Meeting and many of our members are active participants in committees of CYM.
- Canadian Friends Service Committee acts on the peace and social justice concerns of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Canada . Its work is built on the foundation of Quaker belief that there is value and the essence of God in every person, and is dedicated to peace, equality and simplicity. CFSC makes it's newsletter Quaker Concern available on-line.
- Camp NeeKauNis is a Quaker camp on the shore of Sturgeon Bay, (off Georgian Bay) near Waubaushene, Ontario, 130 km. (about an hour and a half to two hours by car) north of Toronto. Programs for people of all ages offer an experience of caring and sharing in the spirit of Quakerism, in worship, play, work, and reflection. The camp welcomes both children and adults as campers, either on their own or together. Camp can be a joyous and rejuvenating time for an adult, and an experience a child will treasure for life.
- Quaker Book Service is a committee of Ottawa Monthly Meeting, serving Canadian Friends to fulfil the mandate of Education and Outreach Committee of CYM to "see to the selection and distribution, and to encourage the use of Quaker books and other materials." Quaker books are available for sale both by mail and from a small salesroom in the Ottawa Meeting House. A list of available books can be found on the QBS webpage.
- The Canadian Friend is a periodical published by Canadian Yearly Meeting giving news, reports of activities and opinions. Printed copies are available for subscription and electronic copies are available on the website.