You can contribute directly to the Meeting (to either the general or the refugee funds) in the following ways:
- By giving a cheque (or a series of post-dated checques) made out to “Ottawa Monthly Meeting” to the Assistant Treasurer (or mailing a cheque to the Meeting House “attn: Assistant Treasurer”).
- Through Canada Helps. Canada Helps will retain about 3.5% of the donation to cover their costs and will provide the charitable receipt.
- By arranging for a regular direct bank transfer. Contact the assistant treasurer to arrange this or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By Interac e-mail transfer. We believe the steps for this are:
- Check your bank's website to find out how much you will be charged to send an Interac e-mail transfer. The charge is likely to be on the order of $1.50. (OMM's bank charges nothing to receive the transfer.)
- Assuming you want to proceed, read or watch the tutorial information on your bank's website.
- E-mail the treasurer to let her know you want to send an Interac e-mail transfer. Also tell her in which account to place the money and, if you want a tax receipt, provide your full name and address.
- Once the treasurer gives you the "all clear", send the transfer to the treasurer's e-mail address, following the instructions from your bank.
A charitable receipt for tax purposes will be sent to you early in the new year following the year of your contribution. In order to receive a receipt please make sure that the assistant treasurer has your correct name and address.